It is six days before Christmas and as I sat here, I wondered how Mary was feeling as she prepared to give birth. So I Googled symptoms and signs that labor is near because a lot of us are in labor, spiritually and we’ve yet to recognize the signs. You know something is happening but you don’t understand it. Well, here’s Lakisha’s thoughts on signs that you’re headed for labor.
1. Your baby “drops” – By baby, I mean blessing and this is why you can’t explain the heaviness you feel. Things don’t make sense and you’re even wobbling and swaying but that’s because the pressure of your blessing is preparing to be pushed out.
2. You start to dilate – This means things are being made wider or larger to make room for the receiving of your impending birth. And this is why…
3. You feel more pain – This is because your muscles and joints are stretching and shifting in preparation for delivery.
4. You get clumsy – You start bumping into things and tripping over stuff even though you looked and didn’t see anything. This is because God is surrounding you with supernatural beings that’s covering you on every side.
5. You lose weight – That’s the dead stuff you shed that no longer fits your birthing plan. Like folk who used you, folk who said they’d be there but lied and folk who only show up to be nosey.
6. You may get a burst of energy – This is because God is doing a work in you and sometimes that happens at night. So while you sleep, God is working and although you only got 4 hours of sleep, you to wake up feeling refreshed and it’s hard to explain.
7. You may feel contractions – this is pain that takes your breath away, stops you in your tracks, cuts off your words and pain you can’t do anything about but breathe knowing it’s only momentary.
So, whomever you are that’s experiencing these signs, it’s just pre-term labor and there’s nothing you can do to stop it. There’s ways you can deal with it but you can’t stop it so prepare yourself to push. For the bible says in Isaiah 66:9, “Would I ever bring this nation to the point of birth and then not deliver it?” asks the LORD. “No! I would never keep this nation from being born,” says your God.”