I shared some of this on last year and it just so happens that some of it fits, right here today. Yea, it’s Thursday and someone is terrified at the thought of their tribulations. Someone is already threatened by the trials of tomorrow which hasn’t even happened yet. You’re sitting there, at this very moment, tempting to cover the tears from the turmoil that’s twisting in your spirit and you don’t want to talk to anybody because you think they’ll hear the toil in your voice. And now, you’ve got the nerve to turn on God. Baby, He didn’t get you in the mess you’re in. He told you to go but don’t tarry there long (you stayed). He told you to go but not to mingle with the wicked (you strayed). Oh but the mess you find yourself in is thick and too tough to get out of, huh? It has you trapped, doesn’t it? Does it have you thinking crazy thoughts? Well, God told me to tell you; it’s time you got help. Yea, He says it’s time you check yourself into rehab. (Rehabilitation defined here as something that has been restored to good condition.)
Yea, it’s time for you to go. Rehab is waiting. Welcome to God’s Center of Rehabilitation. Here, He offers the following programs:
- Detox program: 1 John 1:9, “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” – The time in this step depends on the person.
- Individual therapy: Matthew 6:6, “But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.” – With this step, you are allowed to set your own pace. You’ll see why!
- Group Therapy: Hebrews 10:25, “And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near.” – This step is a personal commitment. We can make you do group therapy but the benefits aren’t the same. You have to choose whether or not to attend.
- Talking with the Counselor: Matthew 7:7, “”Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.” – He has an open door policy. You don’t need an appointment. All you have to do is seek Him and He’ll be found.
- Christian based treatment: 2 Timothy 2:15, “Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.” Bible Study, Sunday School, Worship Service, Prayer Meeting – You’ll find that these will help you with your treatment.
You ready? No, there is no cost; God paid it all. Yes, this is an inpatient and outpatient rehab facility; inpatient because it happens on the inside of you and outpatient because it’ll be evident by the change in your outer appearance. Oh, there is one book that is required reading material. It’s called the bible. Get it and it’ll change your thought process. No, there’s no set time on your recovery, it’s at your pace. All you have to do is make the commitment to be recovered. Yes, you can start now! Make up your mind to do it and soon you’ll be able to say, (like me) I am a recovering addict of self-doubt, self-pity and no encouragement of self but I’ve been through God’s rehab and I am recovered!