I touched on this scripture on yesterday and I posted a little on my blog but somebody today needs to hear it again; stop resisting those evil folk who are in your vicinity; they have no power! And an evil person will only keep picking at you as long as you keep resisting (fighting) them? Please understand, I am not saying give in to evil but this in only in regards to those who keep trying to speak evil over your life; stop fighting those folk with words. Listen, Matthew 5:38-42 says this, “You have heard the law that says the punishment must match the injury: ‘An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.’ But I say, do not resist an evil person! If someone slaps you on the right cheek, offer the other cheek also. If you are sued in court and your shirt is taken from you, give your coat, too. If a soldier demands that you carry his gear for a mile, carry it two miles. Give to those who ask, and don’t turn away from those who want to borrow.”
- God, you’re telling me to let this angry coworker stand and lie on me when all I do is help her day after day? – God says yes.
- God, you want me to continue to help folk when they ask and then get up and act like I haven’t done anything for them. – God says yes.
- God, you want me to go the extra mile for folk when they aren’t even appreciative of where I’ve already taken them? – God says yes.
- God, you want me to continually smile when these folk are trying to scandalize my name? – God says yes.
- God, you’re saying I’m supposed to love them even though they treat me bad. – God says yes.
- God, I’m supposed to pray for them today even though they posted something negative about me yesterday. – God says yes.
- God, I’m supposed to give them the only cheek I got left when I know they are only going to hurt it too? – God says yes.
Yea, I know … I had a hard time grasping this on yesterday too but then I had to step back and look at it from my spiritual eyes because then the Holy Spirit took over. See, God says do not fight an evil person because it’s not my fight to win or lose. He says, all I have to do is stand there and He’ll intercede. It doesn’t matter what they say, I’ve already been sanctified in my spirit. It doesn’t matter what they post, my purpose was already planned. It doesn’t matter what they take from me because my title can’t be touched. Yea, they can whisper about me if they want too but it won’t weaken my witness. God says, don’t resist them; don’t fight them, don’t try to avenge the attack because my child, I got this! Isaiah 61:7-8 says, “Instead of shame and dishonor, you will enjoy a double share of honor. You will possess a double portion of prosperity in your land, and everlasting joy will be yours. “For I, the LORD, love justice. I hate robbery and wrongdoing. I will faithfully reward my people for their suffering and make an everlasting covenant with them.” Oh my God … When you allow God to fight on your behalf, not only do you get back what you lose in the process of your battle but you get back a double portion. You don’t have to fight folk, God got this! Let them have their moment, God has mercy. Let them have their Facebook spotlight, God has favor! Let them have their twitter post when God has the power! It isn’t our battle to fight but it is ours to win!