Why do you find it easy to put your mouth on folk? Why do you find it cool to talk about somebody else? Why do you feel the need to comment about everything and everybody? Aren’t you old enough now to be acting your age and not your shoe size? Yea, I know you may not go to church every Sunday but didn’t you listen, at all, the few times you have been? Well, I simply stopped by to tell you to stop judging me! Now, when I say me I’m talking about every man or woman who has and is currently being judged. For my bible, I don’t know what yours say, but my bible says in Luke 6:37, “Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven.” So, when you see somebody and you open your mouth to say something negative think about this …
• I may not be a size 2 but I feel and look great in the size I’m in so stop judging me.
• I may not drive a fancy car but mine gets me where I need to be so stop judging me.
• I may be without a job now but my God is getting ready to bless me and He’s never stop providing so stop judging me.
• I may not be able to shop in the places you do but I still have clothes and shoes so stop judging me.
• My house may not be decorated like yours but I call it home so stop judging me.
• I may not have a man or woman to come home too but I’m still happy so stop judging me.
• Yea, I maybe still making mistakes but let me learn from them so that I may do better, one day, so stop judging me.
• You may sometimes see the tear stains on my face but they could be tears of joy so stop judging me.
• You may even see me with my clothes out of place but that could be from my praise so stop judging me.
• I may have a problem with alcohol or drugs but let me fix me so stop judging me.
• I may not attend church like you do or recite scriptures from memory but I have God in my heart so stop judging me.
• You may ask why I stay with him or her with the way they treat me but it’s my choice so stop judging me.
• I may be tired of being tired but I’m willing to go on so stop judging me.
• I may have sickness in my body but I’m living so stop judging me.
• I may sometimes complain but that just means I’m human so stop judging me.
• I may not be where you think I should, I may even be a few of the names you call me, I may go to some places I said I wouldn’t anymore, I may even dance a little to the worldly music but it doesn’t make me more of a sinner than you so stop judging me.
Baby, God says if my people would pray more instead of having pity! If my people would fast more instead of fighting! If my people would help more instead of hindering! If my people would use their hands to uplift instead of bringing down, use their feet to walk right instead of over people, eyes to see the good in folk instead of judging, ears to hear the sorrow in someone’s voice instead of the words they say, arms to hold up those that are leaning instead of closing the door in their face and mouth to speak life for their brother/sister instead of speaking death then will I hear from heaven and will forgive your sin and will heal your land. Stop judging folk when your sin is no more or less than mine or the next person. Stop and ask someone how they are before you assume. Stop and see about her before you go in. Stop and see about him before you think you know! Stop judging the next person because you might just be sending your own self to hell.