I know you’re probably asking, “What’s my end?” after reading yesterday’s devotional but let me tell you.
- Follow God’s commandments and not man. Romans 12:2 says, “Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.”
- Stop allowing past mistakes to cause your present problems. 1 Peter 1:14 says, “So you must live as God’s obedient children. Don’t slip back into your old ways of living to satisfy your own desires. You didn’t know any better then.”
- Love one another. “A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another, John 13:34.”
- Help when you can and watch it be given back to you. “Give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you, Luke 6:38.”
- Stop being angry all the dang time! Matthew 5:22 says, “But I say unto you, that whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca (worthless), shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.” Oh, I know this says angry without a cause but baby, if the reason you’re angry happened so long ago that you can’t even remember it now, it’s time to let it go. If it’s over something you can’t change anyway, let it go. If you know they were right and you’re just mad they told you, let it go. If you’re still married to, living with or sleeping with the person you’re angry with; let it go because obviously you’re still choosing to deal with it. Hold up your end by letting go of that anger.
- Stop using repentance as a way for you to continually sin. Matthew 18:9 says, “And if your eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell.” Mark 9:43 says, “If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life maimed than with two hands to go into hell, where the fire never goes out.” Simply stating, whatever or whomever is causing you to continually repeat the same sins needs to be cast out, thrown away, dumped, ran from and overlooked before your seat in hell is completed.
- And finally Be you! “To be made new in the attitude of your minds (Ephesians 4:23), “To put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness (Ephesians 4:24) and “find out what pleases the Lord (Ephesians 5:10) and do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is. (Ephesians 5:17).”
Simply stating the facts! Hold up your end and God will surely hold up His!